Thursday, March 17, 2011

Danny's Photos of OB Jan 4/5, 2010


Here are the pictures I took on Jan 4th and 5th at Ocean Beach in San Francisco. (The one photo of the ship wreck is my beach, Kelly Ave, in Half Moon Bay). My brother Matt flew up and we scored two days of epic surf. For photos of me surfing see the previous blog and for the full story the blog entry before that one.

sunset Jan 3, Kelly Ave

Ocean Beach, San Francisco Jan 4, 2010:




Matt Hunt in full rubber









Tom towing in - his first day back in 13 months after a fin went through his leg and cut his nerve. He was told he may never walk again. He earned his comeback with lots of hard work and faith in his body to heal itself.


This crab boat washed up on the beach at Kelly Ave over night. It took two or three weeks to get it off the beach. I guess the drivers fell asleep. This was the session that snapped my 6'3" Hess. I got some of those gems you see in the distance but some of the closeouts were the gnarliest drops I have ever had - I guess I was lucky my board was the only thing that got broke. Half Moon Bay don't play.

Jan 5th, OB:





"Where 'd that channel go?"








No comments: